As if blessed by the Fallout gods themselves, today I received my Limited Edition Fallout 4 Loot Crate! It includes:
- Fallout 4 Limited Edition Crate packaging
My thoughts – Not very exciting until you realize that it’s reversible! When you flip it inside out, the plain black box transforms into a mini Nuka Cola machine. I was planning on throwing the outer box away, but now it’s the perfect decorative container to hold all my loot. Very cool design idea.
Exclusive Vault 111 Messenger Bag
- Official Description: When you’re running through the post-nuclear landscape, you need a place to keep all your caps! Thankfully this Vault 111 Messenger Bag is ideal for gamers on the go.
My thoughts – The blue and yellow color scheme is not only iconic to the series, but also pretty cool looking on this bag. The “111” numbers are very large and noticeable and the interior yellow coloration is a great contrast to the primarily blue outside. I just wish the hue of the blue would have been a bit brighter, it’s a tad dull for my taste (especially compared to my shirt!)
Exclusive Fallout 4 Collector Pin Set
- Official Description: Fun to display and to wear! Whether you want to show off your love for the Brotherhood of Steel, Red Rocket, Nuka Cola or Vault 111, there’s a pin for you.
My thoughts – So cool! My inner collector went crazy when I saw these. Each pin features an instantly recognizable symbol from the series and are super high quality. They have a great sturdy feel and a super shiny finish, I can’t wait to display these.
Exclusive Brotherhood of Steel Flag
- Official Description: We already know how fiercely you guard your smartphone so why not just go all in and swear your allegiance to the Brotherhood of Steel so you can protect and preserve all pre-war tech.
My thoughts – This thing is HUGE, we’re talking a full regulation size flag here. All I need to do is build a flag pole…
Exclusive Fallout 4 Collector Poster Set
- Official Description: Whether you want to zap that thirst, throw off your power armor or just decorate your vault, these collector posters will have you (and your wall) covered.
My thoughts – The loot crate comes with two posters, one is a Nuka Cola advertisement and the other features an image of the Fallout 4 garage, complete with a Brotherhood of Steel Power armor. They’re smaller than I had hoped and unfortunately happen to be pretty flimsy, think regular poster thickness here, so I’m keeping them safe in the protective roll for now. I wish they were printed on a heavy card stock for example, to add a little more heft.
Vault 111 Hoodie
- Official Description: Just because you’re fighting off raiders and super mutants, doesn’t mean you can’t take a little piece of home with you on your trek through the wasteland! Represent your vault in style with this cool hoodie.
My thoughts – Definitely one of my favorite items in the entire crate. I accidentally ordered a large (oops) so I’m practically swimming in this thing but it’s a really attractive zippered hoodie – brightly colored and it doesn’t look or feel cheap. Let’s just say, I probably be wearing it A LOT in the coming week.
Exclusive Dogmeat Plush
- Official Description: Now your snuggly companion can accompany you on adventures in and out of the game! He may be slightly less willing to take on radroaches in the real world though.
My thoughts – To be totally honest, I had no idea what the Dogmeat Plush was at first glance, some type of raccoon monster? It’s fairly large, but not the cutest stuffed dog that I’ve seen by any means. I do like his little goggles though.
Exclusive Fallout 4 Coaster Set
- Official Description: Crack open a Nuka Cola and protect your table from the ravages of condensation with this patented coaster technology from Vault-Tech Industries! Don’t forget to save your caps.
My thoughts – As a fairly avid coffee drinker and the owner of an all-white desk, I use coasters pretty much constantly. The Fallout 4 Loot Crate includes four different coasters, each with a different design. What I really like is the fact that the bottom of each one has a rubbery feel to it, to prevent it from sliding. A nice, functional detail that I appreciate!
Is it worth $100?
That depends. According to Loot Crate, this limited edition bundle contains $150 worth of merchandise which at a purchase price of $100.00 is pretty fair. The items included also happen to be exclusives meaning, you won’t be able to pick up any of these goodies elsewhere besides I suppose, shelling out a ton of your hard-earned bottlecaps on Ebay.
I consider myself a pretty big Fallout fan so I jumped at the chance to get a box of exclusive loot and overall I’m not disappointed. I would have probably been a tad more comfortable paying around $75 – $80 for the Limited Edition Fallout 4 Loot Crate but I certainly don’t regret the purchase decision. Now I just have to find somewhere to put all this stuff…
Remember, what’s worth a Benjamin to one person could be worth a buck to someone else. If you’re a true wastelander or vault-dweller at heart, this is one legendary treasure that you won’t regret.