The internet is buzzing with rumors, speculation, hopes, and wishes associated with Treyarch and Activision’s highly anticipated first-person-shooter, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2. This morning at Gamescom 2012, hosts AceyBongos and Major Nelson introduced an exclusive Black Ops 2 multiplayer world premiere featuring a look into the completely redesigned online combat. Take a look at everything you need to know about Black Ops 2 multiplayer.
Showcased by professional Call of Duty gamers, the live event delivered nearly 40 minutes of real, hands-on multiplayer gameplay. With the inclusion of the ESports initiative, Black Ops 2 will include skill based matchmaking and a new spectator mode called CODcasting which immerses onlookers into the action with live commentating.
- Cargo – An industrial cargo storage facility complete with narrow hallways, cargo crates and plenty of open windows.
- Turbine – Open mountainous region with small buildings perched on the tops of hills to survey the central area.
- Aftermath – Ruins of Los Angeles, destroyed buildings, streets riddled with vehicles.
Game Modes Shown:
- Team Deathmatch: Traditional 6v6 team deathmatch.
- Multi-Team Team Deathmatch: 4 teams of 3 players each.
- Hardpoint – Similar to King of the Hill. Players must fight to defend an area.
- Domination – Traditional domination mode.
Cool New Features:
- Select Fire – A weapon attachment that allows players to switch weapon from automatic fire to burst mode with the click of a button.
- Aim Assist/Target Finder – A weapon attachment that makes red squares appear over opponents while aiming.
- New Approach to Perks – Perks do not modify the guns in Black Ops 2.
- Laser Sight – An attachment that increases a weapon’s hip fire accuracy.
- Hunter Killer Drone – An explosive killstreak that seeks out a member of the opposing team after being thrown.
Other worthwhile info:
Killstreaks can be used quickly, much faster than in Modern Warfare 3. A player that uses a UAV for his team will receive 15point UAV assists after an enemy is killed. The Bouncing Betty is returning in Black Ops 2, and an ironsight, bolt-action sniper rifle called the Ballista is included in the repertoire of weaponry.
From viewing the live multiplayer gameplay, Black Ops 2 seems familiar enough to the previous Call of Duty titles but also unique due to its futuristic theme. What are your impressions of the new features?
Release date: November 13, 2012